Sunday, October 10, 2010

Map map map

So I've been fooling around with how to draw my map accurately for a while - dealing with standard projection issues and all of that. Yassen helped a lot with resizing a map to fit my planet (currently Aphrodite, since it's almost exactly the same size as Venus). Here's pictures of my current solution!






The notion is that I'll have these in a column, and then have 12 columns of them. And if I'm feeling super cool after I've drawn the map out (I think by hand on printed grids) then I can tape each segment to the next and create a rough approximation of a globe.

And now you know the sort of things I do when I'm not writing. Fun, right? Definitely.

1 comment:

  1. I read all in one pass, including comments. Yes, start is too abrupt and needs to have a context to situate the reader before the key introduction of Roshon (as already pointed out by Anonymous Oct 11). However, from a writing viewpoint, that is an issue for the next draft, not this one.

    Characters:
    Teo appears to be positioned as the “nice” one to fill the role of reader surrogate.
    Bahden is the irritating adolescent who does things so the reader thinks “Duh”.


    World:
    I love the vehicle.
    “Net” is promising.

    Overall:
    I encourage you to move forward with the story arc. Do a first pass, then go back and rewrite, rather than revising early parts now.

    ReplyDelete